Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Monday, March 22, 2010
17 days left to the preliminary round of the project competition. Today, we started with our power point slides to get ready for the presentation. We were working with only 3 members today as one of our groupmates had CCA. It was a tedious process with many different opinions from each other which caused many quarrels. Even though we had wasted lots of time quarreling here and there, we managed to complete it in the end. We plan to act a skit for the preliminary round which is related to our product so our presentation would not be too dry.
Sunday, March 14, 2010
We made progression on our project. We created and conducted some surveys. As our target audience are students, we thought of going to our old primary school, Jurong Primary School and asking the teacher-in-charge of Innovation in the school to help us get some of our juniors to do the surveys we created. 3 days later,we got the answered surveys back from our teacher.Upon receiving the results of the surveys, we collated them and found out ways to improve on our invention as some of our juniors gave us really helpful suggestions. In this post, we would like to thank all the students that used his precious time to do our survey. We then created another survey on internet,a suggestion from our teacher mentor to make surveys easier to make and easier to collate.
IDEAS, we need IDEAS! What should we do for this project, what should we invent? We were frustrated over what to invent, and brainstorming for ideas on what to invent. Finally, we came up with one problem. Some students face problems with having to waste time to put their books and files into their bags and they would think it's a complete waste of time.Therefore,we came up with the idea of attaching a cloth bag onto the back of the bag which we can put stuff in such as books and files without having to open the bag or to act as an extra space. This bag will be able to be detached so the user may hand carry it if he feels it would look awkward. However, we had some pointers that we had to handle. Firstly, we have to think of something that can attach the cloth bag to the bag. We had an initial intention to use velcro, as it allows the student to detach it from the bag when he wants to but we soon realised that velcro is rather weak and would not be able to withstand the weight of the files. We then thought of something else, which would be using the straps on school bags, which is also adjustable. It proves better than velcro as it is joint by a buckle. Additionally, it can be adjusted to suit the student's height. It obviously can hold the weight of the files as it is already being used to hold the weight of the whole school bag.